Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Monday

42° - clear at 10:53am

Busy day = late post.

Supervising pumpkin carving tonight. Kids and knives make for a nervous dad. Happy to report we made it through the night Band-Aid free.

Music Testing. I'm hearing a lot of classic rock tunes on television as of late. I don't know the answer - but I wonder if this "airplay" does anything for test scores and interest in featured titles?

What I've heard and seen lately:
  • I Can See For Miles/The Who (Honda)
  • Barracuda/Heart (Honda)
  • All Right Now/Free (Monster.Com & Ford/Lincoln Dealers)
  • Sweet Home Alabama/Skynyrd (KFC; still don't get it)
  • Dreamer/Supertramp (Acura)
  • Wild Horses/Rolling Stones (Movie "Bella")
  • Gimme Some Lovin'/Spencer Davis Group (Ameriprise Financial)
  • Whole Lotta Love (Concert Footage)/Led Zeppelin (Ziddio.Com)
  • Let My Love Open The Door/Pete Townshend (Movie "Dan In Real Life")
Gotta be others I've missed. Why not include these tv spot "hits" on your next music test? Granted, there's some no brainers here - but I'm thinking the deeper tracks here by The Who, Supertramp, Stones, Spencer Davis and Townshend.

If I were doing AC right now, I might be testing this song - just to see what happens.

btw: good resource for finding song titles/artists used in commercials is
here.


Idea For Radio: Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" morning show announced this morning the start of "The Show After The Show".

If I heard correctly - the morning crew will continue their morning show for another hour - past 9am eastern -
on the internet. Have not seen an official announcement.

John Landecker. I love great radio stories. Rick Kaempfer talks again to the legendary Mr. "Records" Landecker - about WZZN, his new syndicated show - plus his story of getting started in the business.

John spent time here in Lansing radio while going to Michigan State University; and then a big leap straight to Philadelphia. And then there's Chicago. Read
here.

More Chicago. Longtime talk/AOR personality Steve Dahl moves to WJMK (Jack-FM) and mornings starting next week his current home - WCKG - changes format to something only a few know for certain.

Rumors of spanish for WCKG are strong - as is active rock. If you're from outside Chicago and don't know the name Steve Dahl - chances are you have hear of this highlight from Steve's long career.

No comments: