WGRF/97 Rock is holding the Classic Rock Elections! Station listeners involved as they vote for positions such as:
- "The Governor of Guitar" (Eddie Van Halen vs. Jimmy Page)
- "Head of the ATF" (David Crosby vs. Ted Nugent)
- "County Coroner" (Ozzy Osbourne vs. Alice Cooper)
- "Canadian Ambassador" (Rik Emmett vs. Geddy Lee)
- Plus more seats up for election.
- New Jersey (Jon Bon Jovi vs. Bruce Springsteen)
- Florida (Tom Petty vs. Ronnie Van Zandt)
- Michigan (Bob Seger vs. Ted Nugent)
- Others including Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York & Texas
Also on the ballot - a yes/no proposition: "Shall Classic Rock include artists who emerged in the 90's such as Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots and Alice In Chains?" A question often pondered by Classic Rock Program Directors!
It all sounds like great listener fun and making something extraordinary out of an ordinary election day. More brilliance from PD John Hager!
See the complete ballot online here.
Another election: New York's WAXQ is gearing up for Thanksgiving Weekend - soliciting listener votes for their favorite classic rock songs of all time. 1,043 songs over five days Wednesday through Sunday. Check out the concept and look at some past top song lists here.
And what are you doing for Thanksgiving?