Monday, September 10, 2007

Jay J. McCrae

Losing a friend. Yesterday afternoon I received sad news that WITL/Lansing Program Director Jay J. McCrae passed away earlier in the day.

Jay had been at country WITL for years - with a very long radio career in both Michigan and Texas - and just recently added WFBE/Flint to his responsibilities.

At Citadel - both Jay and I shared a separate building housing just our studios (me with classic rock WMMQ) a quarter mile away from the rest of the cluster.

We'd spend many moments just talking shop; and he was always willing to lend a hand to any project I had going on. A true radio pro.


Prayers go out to his wife - Jordan Lee - who handles middays and promotions at WITL. Memorial plans are pending.

I will miss you my friend.

Added: Lansing State Journal story here. (updated 9/11/07)

No comments: